Sample Trip Schedule
Thank you for your interest in this upcoming Evangelistic Teen Camp happening from July 22-31, 2018 in Malawi Africa
This short-term Missions event is a coordinated effort between full-time missionary David Robinson as local contact in Malawi, and Matt Crozier of Charlette TN, as USA Coordinator. In addition, there are several other Christians from various churches across the USA who are participating. Our goal is to minister the Gospel to Malawian teenaged kids by using the platform of an Evangelistic Teen Camp. This effort has no special funding, budget, or resources to pull from. It is a good old fashioned “pay-your-own-way” volunteer effort. Individuals Christians are offering their time and resources to make it possible.
We are asking those who cannot physically go themselves to consider covering the cost of one or more Malawian Teens to participate in this camp. It costs us the equivalent of twenty usd per teenager to have them participate and this includes their food. These kids have no money nor do their parents so we charge them nothing to participate. If you could help that would be great as we are trying to have 100 teens at this event.
You can give through Paypal by sending money designating to “Malawian Teen” If you don't have access to Paypal, you can arrange to designate cash or check through the pastor of one of the churches involved. The carrier of this letter will be able to direct you to the church/pastor should you wish to help this effort.
Enquires/ Paypal address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1: Welcome to Malawi
(Sunday, July 22)
You’ll fly into the Kamuzu International Airport in Lilongwe, the Capitol of Malawi Africa. There your Transport Coordinator will welcome your group and introduce you to other teams that have also flown in for this effort. He will then plan the best seating arrangements to shuttle you up to Mzuzu. Because we are situated four hours north of the airport you’ll have plenty of time to meet and get to know some of the other volunteers. Expect an evening arrival to the Lusangazi Mission Station where a delicious home cooked meal, a hot shower, and a clean bed will await you.
Estimated Costs & Flight Details
Average I.B.C. Trip Total Cost 2400$
Here are some general guidelines which will help you plan your mode of participation. There are some costs which are non-negotiable and others which only apply in case of missed flights or abnormal arrival/departure times. Please see which ones would apply to you and your group.
*Airfare $1650-$2600 per person depending on where you are coming from and what your flight duration is.
*Malawi Border Entry Visa Fee = $75 (not optional) Obtained Upon Arrival at Airport.
- Event Participation Cost: $300 per person. (This covers your basic transportation, sleeping arrangements, and food during this event)
*Passport $135. If you do not already have one or if it has less than six months validity
- All transportation and food cost once you get to Malawi is included in the participation cost. Our Transport Coordinator will be picking up all Participants from the airport to escort them to Mzuzu on Sunday, July 22nd from 8am-6pm depending on your arrival times. He will also be arranging transportation for the group from Mzuzu to Lilongwe on Tuesday, July 30 for the return trip planned to fly out on the 31 of July.
*Additional Transportation/ Accommodation This is for early or late arrivals ONLY. MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO;
If you Schedule your flight before or after the time frame provided by IBC we can help you make special arrangements, but we will ask you to prepare an additional budget to cover additional transportation and accommodations, and incidentals as needed.
You may end up needing any of the following:
*Transportation from the airport to a place of accommodations 50 usd
* Local, midrange accommodations = $50-65 per person per night.
*Transportation from the place of accommodations to airport $50
- Transportation from Lilongwe to Mzuzu $120 one way
- In case of Leaving the Event early the cost would be Mzuzu to Lilongwe $120 one way + accommodations and incidentals as needed.
- ANY AND ALL special plans for either early or late arrivals OR early or extended stay PLEASE NOTIFY US ASAP so that we can best accommodate these irregularities for this trip.
- Curios/ Carvings (I suggest $50-75 extra in case you really like souvenirs ) This is 100% optional
~THERE IS A LIMIT OF 20 PEOPLE FOR THIS TRIP SO PLEASE STAY IN COMMUNICATION IF YOU INTEND TO GO!
~TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT PLEASE PREBOOK BY COVERING THE PARTICIPATION COST ASAP
~DEADLINE FOR AIRFARE TO BE PURCHASED IS June 20, 2018
~PARTICIPANTS MUST EMAIL A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING (3) DOCUMENTS TO GO ON THIS TRIP;
1) COMPLETED IBC REGISTRATION FORM 2) COPY OF PASSPORT PHOTO PAGE 3) COPY OF TRAVEL TICKETS
~MALARIA PREVENTION IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE ON THIS TRIP SO ASK YOUR LOCAL IBC TEAM LEADER FOR MORE INFO
SPECIFIC IBC FLIGHT TIME FRAMES
*BOOK YOUR FLIGHT ARRIVAL to the Lilongwe International Airport on Sunday the 22 of July 2018 ARRIVING some time BETWEEN 8am and 6pm.
*Plan your Departure flight to leave the LLW airport anytime on THURSDAY the 1 of Aug 2018
- Please note that because different people will be coming from different parts of the USA we are only putting the time frame for your LLW arrival and your LLW departure to and from Lilongwe airport. The times and dates of your departures from your prospective areas will vary from one state to another. Please be cautious to book your flight correctly.
- Please DO NOT make your arrival to Malawi at the Chileka International Airport in Blantyre.